Friday 27 April 2018

Preparing for exhibition

On 7th March, I started preparing my exhibition space. I brought my artworks (photographs and paintings), lots of damage-free hanging strips and blu-tack and labels for artworks. By the time, I got there, the space was cleared a little, by the volunteers, which was very helpful. I just had to clear it a little more with Claire and then set out my artworks on the wall. I firstly set it out in their collections. Claire gave me a choice of using a Velcro board as well as the wall.  I decided to use it because the wall space was not enough and it gave a use of levels. I thought it would make it good for children and not just adults. To make it more formal, I thought the photographs on the wall and most of the painting on the lower Velcro board, which worked nicely. This week, I've started creating my small booklets/leaflets as well. After today, I felt more prepared with the space and how I've also put out posters. All I need now is to:
  • Buy food and drink refreshments and bring them in on the opening day
  • Get a feedback book for the audience to write in
  • Prepare booklets to hand out as souvenirs for the audience on the day and at uni
  • And get labels of artworks names sorted

No comments:

Post a Comment