Friday 27 April 2018

Exhibition Space

On 15th February, I went to Hanley park to look for more changes and to maybe speak with Claire and Carole about exactly which indoor space, I will be using. Therefore I'd have a better idea about how many artworks I should be producing, if I knew how much space I have. I went to the 60's bowling Pavilion and I learnt that I only have 2 walls for my paintings and photographs. It wasn't the exhibition space I was expecting but it's better than exhibiting it outside. I will need help to move the furniture around before the 9th March. I'll ask my colleagues if they are free later on. I was also told I'm not allowed to make any changes to these walls. For example, hammering nails in them to put my work up. I will need damage-free materials, like blu-tack. I've never had limitations when changing the wall space or neither a space as small as this before. So this may be tricky to work with. Also, it doesn't feel like I have a lot of time to set up my exhibition either. So it feels like this will be tricky. I still need to put out my posters out for people to see for the opening date: Friday 9th March.




No comments:

Post a Comment